Greetings Calvary family.
I am excited to gather together again this coming Sunday. You know, I just love being a part of our mornings together:
- the buzz of conversations as people catch up with each other in the lobby,
- making our way into the sanctuary (preferably before 10:30am) and continuing to talk and say ‘howdy’ to those you haven’t seen in awhile,
- preparing my heart with a brief prayer before the service begins,
- singing songs,
- greeting each other,
- giving our money to finance the kingdom,
- sharing in the preaching of the Word,
- receiving the weekly blessing,
- being sent back into the world to help move at least one other person just one step closer to Jesus.
I love Sundays!
This Sunday, we will have the added bonus of child dedications—perfectly timed on Father’s Day!—and our Monthly Ministry Update (this month, from Pastor Matt). And to prepare for the preaching, you’ll find it helpful to read Paul’s letter to Titus.
I hope you’ll join me in praying for our gathering. Please pray over the worship team and the preacher, and the greeters, and ushers, and coffee makers, and all our volunteers, as they prepare to serve us this week. And pray for all who will be in attendance, that our Father would use our time together to open our eyes, so that we can help at least one other person move one step closer to Jesus.
I love you,
Join Us This Giving Tuesday!
GivingTuesday was founded in 2012 as the world’s largest giving movement.
Compassion International: Calvary's Partnership
On Sundays April 28 and May 5, we recognized Compassion International at Calvary by drawing awareness to the incredible impact the ministry is having in the lives of children all around the world...
A CULTURE OF URGENCY
Learn to declare war on complacency and embrace urgency, because we cannot change what we’re willing to tolerate.
Resources for Your Quarantine
In the sermon this last Sunday, we learned from Paul the importance of making the most of our time, even—especially—in our quarantine (see Ephesians 5:15-20). One of the ideas I gave for how to pursue this was to Learn. Namely, use some of the extra...
COVID-19 Ministry Update / March 16, 2020
As I shared in a video this last Friday, we are all very aware by now of the rapidly dynamic and changing environment we are all...