The Facilities Manager supports the mission of making more and maturing disciples of Jesus Christ by maintaining Calvary’s facility. We see our facility as an incredible resource as we help others move one step closer to Jesus. A well maintained facility tells everyone who walks through our doors that we are ready for them - that we’ve created a space for them to “Come and See” as we seek after Jesus together.
A drive to see people come to know Christ? You’ve got it. A heart to serve? Check. A positive attitude? You bet. A place to nurture your skills, passions, and talents as you support the mission of making more and maturing disciples? That’s where we come in. When you join the Calvary staff, you won’t just be an employee - you’ll be a leader we can’t wait to empower, a learner we can’t wait to teach, and a follower of Christ we can’t wait to grow alongside. Are you ready to bring your skills to life at Calvary?
NOTE: We are open to splitting this full-time position into two part-time positions (Managerial/Maintenance AND Facilities Setup/Custodial) should the right candidate(s) present themselves.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Managerial and Maintenance Responsibilities (30 hours/wk)
- Responsible for maintaining and coordinating the ordering of needed facilities supplies for ongoing cleaning and maintenance.
- Being proactive by demonstrating awareness of facility and event needs, and using initiative in determining the best way to accomplish facility maintenance, cleaning, and setup goals.
- Lead in maintaining landscaping, mowing, watering, pond, parking lot, and walkways with the help of volunteers.
- Lead in the snow removal and salting of walkways during the winter months with the help of volunteers.
- Oversee cleanliness of the facility through the support of the Custodian.
- Help maintain the best usage of storage space through cleaning and moving equipment as necessary.
- Perform corrective maintenance throughout the building (e.g. paint updates, wall patchwork, furniture assembly, etc…).
- Implement and maintain preventative maintenance schedules to help reduce future costs.
- Recruit and lead volunteer teams, as needed, to accomplish larger projects.
- Responsible for general security, door scheduling, and the issuing of key cards.
- Serve as team lead for the building trustees.
- Responsible for coordinating with ministry staff, facilities staff, and volunteers to ensure facilities needs are met.
- Work closely with the BAC in identifying and accomplishing projects.
- Coordinate the scheduling of contractors, as needed, in completing projects.
- Serve as Calvary liaison for a variety of outside contract companies and city departments (e.g. HVAC company, fire alarm monitoring, police department etc…).
- Develop and maintain an ongoing project list - identifying future projects and needs based on depreciation.
- Responsible for coordinating with ministry staff, facilities staff, BAC, and volunteers to ensure all requirements are met.
- Work closely with the Facility Coordinator, meeting regularly to discuss upcoming events.
- Responsible for prioritizing responsibilities and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Attend monthly Staff Meetings and one-on-one’s.
- Other duties as assigned.
Facilities Setup and Custodial Responsibilities (10 hours/wk)
- Ensure rooms and needed equipment are prepared and set up for ministry programs, specials events and rental events. (e.g. tables, chairs, projectors, baptismal etc…)
- Support the part-time custodial staff and volunteers in conducting supplemental custodial duties as needed.
Facilities Setup Support (hired as needed)
REQUIREMENTS AND DESIRED QUALITIES
- Self-starter, with a love of learning and ability to dig in and figure things out on their own.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently, making good, well-informed decisions with little or no supervision.
- Demonstrates character traits such as humility, gratitude, integrity, generosity, wholeness, and courage. Must display overall wisdom and maturity; has a stable, healthy personal life.
- Exudes warmth, friendliness, and empathy; making everyone they encounter feel valued and well-supported.
- Previous maintenance or facilities experience is a plus.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs and perform in a very mobile role.
NOTE: Facilities set up duties may require early morning, late evening, and or weekend shifts.
Apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org