SECRET CHURCH 2020
Apr 24, 2020
6:00 P.M. - 12:15 a.m.
Calvary Community Church Worship Center
GOD, GOVERNMENT, AND THE GOSPEL
A live simulcast with David Platt
“Let every person be subject to the governing authorities” (Romans 13:1).
But what if you don’t agree with who those authorities are and how they are governing? How does this apply to different types of governments in different parts of the world? How does this command apply to the persecuted? In summary, how should Christians relate to government? Should we gladly submit to government, work to change government, or both, or neither? And what do Christians do when they disagree about political positions and personalities, cultural concerns and challenges?
Secret Church 20 will explore how the gospel transforms the way followers of Jesus relate to governing authorities in any nation for the glory of God in all nations. The purpose of this Secret Church is definitively not to advocate for a political position, party, or candidate in any particular country. The purpose of this Secret Church is to establish biblical foundations for understanding how the character of God and the content of the gospel totally transform the way Christians relate to government.
Along the way, we will examine how these biblical foundations help Bible-believing Christians promote love and preserve unity even when we disagree on policies and politics. Ultimately, we will encourage one another to live faithfully as citizens of heaven while we’re citizens on earth.
What to expect:
- STUDY: We spend time diving deep into the Word of God to hear what He is speaking to us and to grow our dependence and hunger for Scripture.
- PRAYER: We devote time in prayer for our brothers & sisters across the globe who are facing persecution and for those who still have not heard the gospel.
- ACTION: We respond to what we've heard by giving for the sake of the persecuted and the unreached around the world.
Join us! Sign up today at the registration link below.
- Cost $12/person, includes study guide
- No Childcare
- Beverage and snack concessions available
- Registration Deadline April 13