Prayer & Bible Helps 2013
A Focus On Bible Reading & Scripture Memorization
- We have provided the Church family with a Bible Reading Plan for 2013, to aid us in reading the Bible through this year. It is the same plan we have used before that segments the Bible into daily readings.
- Figher Verses are a wonderful program that gives us a verse each week of the year for memorization.
2013 Bible Reading Plan
A tool to help you begin your Bible reading for the new year. A copy of that card is available, here, for viewing and printing.
Scripture Memorization - Fighter Verses, Set 3
This collection of verses is called “Fighter Verses” in recognition of the spiritual battle every follower of Jesus is called to fight, and reflects the following four convictions:
- Since the life of faith is a fight of faith, we and our children must be well-armed for this fight.
- The Word of God is an indispensable weapon for those engaged in this battle.
- The battle is becoming increasingly fierce while many Christians are unskilled in using this weapon effectively.
- Committing the Word of God to memory makes this powerful weapon readily available and provides us with an ever-present counselor and protector from the enemy of our souls.
The Fighter Verses are available in several formats; one sure to suit everyone.
1. You will find the Fighter Verse Packets (a two-ring binder with verses printed on notecards) at our Resource Table or Book Nook.
2. At FighterVerses.com you can find information on purchasing an app for your smartphone, as well as other great tools available to help you in your scripture memorization. *Note - we will begin with Set 3.
3. We have also prepared for you a schedule of verses that you can print and use to follow along, looking up verses on your own.
4. Fighter Verses are posted on the Home-page rotator each week, on the Fighter Verse webpage, and printed in your Sunday program with the following week's memory verse.