Calvary Weekly News
To view the complete CCC Weekly News, visit The City Plaza
Church Of The Week
Calvary is Church of the Week Monday, April 28 through Sunday, May 4.
COTW is a program through Place of Hope (POH) where churches host the homeless, providing a safe, warm and comfortable place to sleep for 15-25 men, women and children (yes kids.) These people are the “overflow”, as there is never enough room in the shelters.
We have been a part of this ministry for 15 years and host it one to two times a year. In addition to opening our doors at night, we provide an evening meal for 80-100 people each evening. This meal is prepared ahead of time and served at the POH on 9th Avenue in St. Cloud.
Will you please help? Volunteers are needed for the following:
1. Four to five people or a connection group to prepare and serve evening meals at POH. Greg Mayer is coordinating the meals. If you are interested in helping with this, please call him: 252-5835. We need only serve for six nights. (A local group provides a meal on the first Friday of each month)
2. A person or persons to purchase snacks at Sam’s Club and have them on the kitchen counter or in the refrigerator at the start of the week. The people who stay overnight will serve the snacks each evening when the guests come. You will be reimbursed.
3. A driver of the POH van to bring people to Calvary each evening. The people are picked up at the POH at 8:50 PM. It usually takes two trips.
4. Another person is needed to bring the people back to the POH at 7:00 AM.
5. A person with a truck or large vehicle to pick up clean blankets at St. Cloud Hospital (SCH) before 2 PM on Monday, April 28 and deliver them to church.
6. Two people with a truck or large vehicle to get 50-60 sleeping mats at the POH on Monday, April 28 and deliver them to church before 8 PM that night.
7. A person to return the blankets to SCH on Monday morning April 8.
8. Two people to return the mats to the POH on Monday, May 4.
9. Now the hard part: overnight volunteers: to warmly welcome guests, serve snacks and watch through the night. Two to three volunteers are needed each night from 8:30 PM-7 AM. One person does have to be awake at all times while the other(s) can sleep on a comfortable couch in the youth room. A team of three makes the night go easier.
Steve Avery will be recruiting people for tasks #2-9. Please call him (309-4180) if you will help!
If we do not have enough overnighters, our doors will be closed and these people will sleep on the streets…This is a great opportunity to show that we are the hands and feet of Christ.
“…I was a stranger and you welcomed me”, Matthew 25:35.
Regularly at Calvary
Church Office Hours
The Church Office is open Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. with the exception of Tuesdays from 1:30-3:00 p.m. for staff meetings. The office is closed on Fridays.
Have you checked out all the great books in the Calvary library? Below are the hours the library is open:
Sundays: 10:00-10:30 a.m., 11:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
Tuesdays: 10:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 6:30-8:00 p.m. (Septermber - May)
This desk is staffed on Sundays by helpful people who can answer your questions. If you need physical assistance, directions or other information, please don't hesitate to ask.
~We want to welcome all of you who are with us for the first time. Please stop by for a gift.
Loving child care is available for children newborn through two years old.
For the little ones during Worship Hour, available for children two years old through Kindergarten.
We'd love to hear your story!
God is at work! One way we can lift up the mighty name of Jesus and bring glory to him is to share it with others. Would you or someone you know be willing to share how God is working in your life? Has God been using the ministry of Calvary or his people in your life? If you are willing to share, we would love to highlight brief testimonies during our Sunday morning service. Please contact the Church Office (251-4825) if you'd like take part in this opportunity to encourage others and bring praise to God.
Meet and Greet
We would love to give visitors and anyone new to Calvary the opportunity to meet the Pastor and Elders. Every Sunday, following the Worship Service, ministry staff and/or elders will be available at the front of the Worship Center.
September - May: Every 4th Sunday we meet together in the Fellowship Hall over pizza lunch to discuss the current sermon series. Bring your questions for Pastor Matthew. Sign up on your Connect Card, or online
Come For Coffee or Tea
Stay connected during the summer months (during the time Sunday classes are not held) by coming early Sunday mornings at 10:00 a.m. for fellowship.
The Caring Commission seeks to serve and care for the Body of Christ wherever there is need, so that we might be of mutual help to one another. God knew that people would have needs, and he provides for those needs through the body of believers. "And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need" (Acts 2:45). The Caring Commission invites you to be a part of God's provision and blessings by contacting the church and allowing us to come along side you in your time of need. Please call the Church Office (251-4825), or contact one of our Elders.
The Caring Closet is there for you
The Caring Closet is a ministry of Calvary Community Church providing opportunity for people to share from the blessings they receive from God so that none will have need. Please allow us to share in God's blessings for you by using the caring closet whenever you have need. Please also use the Caring Closet if you are aware of someone who has need. You can visit it after the worship service each Sunday morning. Contact the office (251-4825) during the week. There are bags in the Caring Closet for you to use.